Paneer Fry is a straightforward one pan recipe made with candy onions, tangy tomatoes, flavorful herbs, aromatic spices and naturally Paneer. Making this easy-peasy recipe doesn’t want lots of prep and the dish comes collectively in 25 minutes. Your finest guess once you wish to make a healthful fast meal for weekend nights.
About Paneer Fry
This Paneer Fry recipe is likely one of the methods when you’ll be able to have a scrumptious and satisfying meal in your busy, hectic days. It’s as a result of all of the elements are often accessible in a house kitchen, wherever you go in India. Along with the cottage cheese (paneer), there’s onions, tomatoes, inexperienced chilies, ginger-garlic paste and different spice powders, that are all very fundamental.
I’ve tailored this recipe of Paneer Fry from my recipe of Goan fashion Mushroom Fry. This stir fry of paneer with different elements has flavors and texture, one which isn’t too oily, spicy or pungent. Nonetheless, you’ll be able to add or subtract the spices based on what your style buds demand on a selected day.
This Paneer Fry additionally makes use of a wide range of inexperienced chilies that are much less on warmth. However if you would like a spicier profile within the dish, go for the inexperienced chilies which sit someplace between medium to excessive on the Scoville scale. Scoville is the unit to measure the pungency of peppers/chilies and the likes.
My recipe requires sautéing the elements and never really deep frying the paneer. So whereas making the recipe, nothing is deep fried. The phrase “fry” is often used for sautéed elements within the Indian lingo and thus the title of this recipe.
You’re even free to make use of any number of tofu on this recipe. That’s additionally a superb substitute for paneer. Have Paneer Fry with paratha, roti, chapati or naan. Or use it as a stuffing for rolls, wraps and frankies, the selection is completely yours.
The right way to make Paneer Fry
Make Masala Fry
1. Warmth 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Maintain warmth to medium-low and add 1.25 cups thinly sliced onions.
2. Combine the onions with the oil and start to sauté them.
3. Onions take lots of time to sauté. So, you’ll be able to add a pinch of salt whereas cooking them.
4. Stirring usually, sauté onions until they begin to turn into mild golden. Don’t brown the onions.
5. Now, add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
6. Sauté until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
7. Then, add 3 to 4 slit inexperienced chilies.
Tip – Use inexperienced chilies which aren’t very spicy or scorching.
8. Combine nicely and sauté for a minute.
9. Then, add ½ cup diced tomatoes.
10. Combine once more and start to sauté tomatoes. When sautéing tomatoes, if the masala combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water. Combine once more and proceed to sauté.
11. Sauté until the tomatoes soften.
12. Maintain the warmth to its lowest. Now, add the next listed spices:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri purple chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
You’ll be able to add much less or extra spice powders as per your necessities.
12. Combine very nicely. If the combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water.
Make Paneer Fry
13. Season with salt as required. Combine once more.
14. Add 200 grams cubed paneer.
15. Combine the paneer cubes with the masala.
16. Swap off the warmth and add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves.
17. Combine once more.
18. Serve Paneer Fry with chapati, phulka, paratha, naan or bread.
- An alternative choice to paneer on this recipe is tofu. Press the tofu first to take away any liquids or moisture from it. You could possibly additionally pan fry tofu cubes and blend with the cooked onion and tomato fry combination.
- Use good high quality paneer and ensure it’s contemporary and never rancid. Home made paneer works finest on this recipe.
- Whereas sautéing onions, add a pinch of salt in them to lock the method of cooking.
- Use inexperienced chilies that aren’t highly regarded. To make the dish spicier, use those which are medium to excessive on the spice meter.
- Sprinkle some water on the tomatoes, if they’re sticking to the pan whereas sautéing. Then, combine and proceed to sauté.
- You’ll be able to add much less or extra of the purple chilli powder, black pepper powder and inexperienced chillies as per your necessities.
Please be sure you price this recipe within the recipe card beneath if in case you have made it. For extra vegetarian inspirations, Signal Up for my emails or comply with me on Instagram, Youtube, Fb, Pinterest or Twitter.
Paneer fry is a straightforward sautéed recipe made with paneer, onion, tomatoes and herbs-spices. The recipe comes collectively in 25 minutes and makes for a fast weeknight meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time 15 minutes
Whole Time 25 minutes
Stop your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
Making masala fry
Warmth 2 tablespoon oil in a pan. Maintain warmth to medium-low and add thinly sliced onions.
Combine the onions with the oil and start to sauté them.
Onions take lots of time to sauté. So you’ll be able to add a pinch of salt whereas cooking them.
Stirring usually sauté onions until they begin to turn into mild golden. Don’t brown the onions.
Now add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste.
Sauté until the uncooked aroma of ginger-garlic goes away.
- Then add 3 to 4 slit inexperienced chilies. Tip – use inexperienced chilies which aren’t very spicy or scorching.
Combine nicely and sauté for a minute.
- Then add diced tomatoes. Combine once more nicely and start to sauté tomatoes. When sautéing tomatoes, if masala combination begins sticking to pan, then sprinkle some water. Combine once more and proceed to sauté.
Sauté until the tomatoes soften.
Maintain flame to its lowest. Now add turmeric powder, black pepper powder, kashmiri purple chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
Combine very nicely. If the combination begins sticking to pan, sprinkle some water.
Making paneer fry
Season with salt as required. Combine once more.
Add 200 grams paneer, chopped in cubes.
Combine the paneer with the masala.
Swap off warmth and add 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. Combine once more.
Serve Paneer Fry with chapati, phulka, paratha, naan or bread.
- Both use selfmade paneer or any good high quality packaged paneer. Ensure that the paneer is contemporary and never gone rancid or tasting bitter.
- Alter the black pepper powder, purple chilli powder and inexperienced chillies based on your spice and warmth preferences.
- You could possibly additionally add some sliced capsicum (inexperienced bell pepper) when you like.
- Swap paneer with tofu. First press tofu between two heavy weighted objects to take away any further liquids or moisture. Choose to pan fry tofu calmly earlier than including the onion-tomato fry combine.
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 325 Energy from Fats 234
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 11g69%
Polyunsaturated Fats 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fats 8g
Ldl cholesterol 44mg15%
Vitamin A 331IU7%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.04mg3%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.02mg1%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 0.3mg2%
Vitamin B6 0.1mg5%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
Vitamin E 4mg27%
Vitamin Ok 4µg4%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 17µg4%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
This Paneer Fry recipe publish from the archives first revealed in Could 2018 has been republished and up to date on 19 July 2022.