This Bengali Sada Aloor Dum aka White Dum aloo is straightforward to prepare dinner and excellent for an SOS dinner. Straightforward to prepare dinner; a couple of simply out there components and voila! Did I point out it is a no onion no garlic Dum Aloo Recipe?
Niramish Alur Dum, not the common one!
Sada Aloor Dum was once a deal with at house totally on Saturday nights. A no onion no garlic White dum aloo cooked in Bengali type is a bit totally different from our common Bangali Alur Dum for positive. Maa used to prepare dinner this, particularly throughout the marriage season each time we needed to miss a Biye Bari deal with. This specific Dum Aloo is a Bengali marriage feast particular particularly as a part of the vegetarian feast.
I, Mehebub, and Pasta are usually not usually veg food-loving clans. We love a small portion of this and that nonetheless full vegetarian unfold is just not usually our factor except my or mehebub’s dad and mom are visiting our place. My dad and mom visited our place final week. They like plain vegetarian meals at the least twice every week together with Saturdays. For sure, I used to be cooking a number of veg meals (no onion no garlic largely). Whereas doing so, Baba requested me to prepare dinner Sada Aloor Dum. I spotted then that I’ve not posted this straightforward recipe right here to this point!
Bengali Sada Aloor Dum is just not Kashmiri Aloo Dum!
Properly, the story of Kashmiri Aloor Dum served in Bengali feast is a hilarious one. I’ll share that individually. For now, I need to point out although the gravies are look-alike, Bengali Niramish Sada Aloor Dum and Bongo-fied Kashmiri Aloor Dum are totally different.
Alu’r dum wants no additional introduction I suppose. It’s a well-known Bengali delicacy and the bong model of the well-known Dum Aloo. Nevertheless, there are numerous recipes out there for Bengali Alu Dum. In reality, differing kinds can be found too. Notun Aloor Dum is totally totally different from bongo-fied Kashmiri alu’r dum and Sada alu’r dum is totally different from the opposite two. Right here on this recipe we make a refined white gravy after which we slow-cook the potatoes on this gravy.
What makes Sada Aloo Dum totally different!
Properly, the gravy makes it totally different. I’ve seen maa utilizing a combination of Til aka White Sesame seed, Cashewnut, and likewise hung curd whereas making White Dum Aloo. Very restricted use of spices to make the gravy white and final however not the least boiled potatoes. A easy no onion no garlic dum aloo with good white shade makes it totally different.
I observe Maa’s recipe for this delicacy. Therefore, I skip tomatoes, onion, and garlic. As a substitute, I exploit a combination of Sesame seed, cashew nuts, inexperienced chilies together with hung curd, asafoetida, ginger paste, and likewise a splash of ghee and Bengali gorom moshla.
No. I exploit regular potatoes in addition to child potatoes primarily based on availability.
Onion and garlic are non-compulsory. I’ve grown up consuming with the no onion no garlic model and I desire it with out the flavors of onion and garlic.
For positive you may. Skip any ingredient you aren’t allowed to it.
You’ll be able to substitute Cashewnuts with Almond or additionally with Magaz seeds (melon seed). Nevertheless, the gravy tastes nice is cashew nuts are used.
Ideally no. Tomatoes will make the gravy reddish in shade and Sada aloor dum requires the white shade. Use curd or yogurt or at the least a mixture of coconut milk and tamarind paste.
Sada Aloor Dum is a no onion no garlic refined Bengali Potato curry aka dum aloo with white gravy ready with sesame seed and cashew nuts.
To make the paste
Boiling the Potatoes for Dum aloo
- If utilizing medium measurement potatoes reduce these into halves; if utilizing large potatoes, reduce these into 4 items every and if utilizing child potatoes don’t reduce these.
- Don’t peel the pores and skin of the potatoes nonetheless wash these correctly.
- Take potatoes together with ½ Tsp. salt in a stress cooker and prepare dinner on medium flame until the stress cooker releases stress two occasions (two whistles).
- Open the lid as soon as the stress drops utterly.
- Discard the water and soak the potatoes in water at room temperature for some time.
- Peel the pores and skin and discard these.
- Use a fork and prick on the potatoes.
Making paste for white gravy
- Make this paste when you are boiling the potatoes.
- Soak Sesame seed, Poppyseed, and Cashew nuts in scorching water for 10 minutes.
- Discard the water and together with 2 inexperienced chilies make a easy paste of the seeds and nuts.
- You’ll be able to enhance the variety of chilies if you want.
Making Sada Aloo’r Dum
- Now warmth vegetable oil in a pan.
- Mood the oil with Asafoetida, bay leaves, black cardamom, and likewise cinnamon sticks.
- As soon as the spices emit aroma add the white paste and hold cooking on low flame for five minutes.
- Stir constantly.
- After 5 minutes add ginger paste and blend nicely.
- At this level add two inexperienced chilies (or extra).
- Prepare dinner until the uncooked aroma of the seeds and nuts is just not there utterly. This could take 2 extra minutes.
- Now add hung curd or plain yogurt and blend once more.
- Prepare dinner for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Now add Salt, Sugar, and likewise white pepper powder.
- Prepare dinner for a couple of minutes. The oil will begin floating on the highest.
- Combine nicely and add 2 cups of water.
- Add boiled potatoes and canopy with a lid.
- Prepare dinner on low flame for 10 minutes.
- As soon as carried out, add Ghee and Bengali Garam masala as nicely and blend evenly.
- Serve it scorching with Roti/ Paratha/ Luchi/ Poori.
- The Aloo’r Dum ought to have white shade and therefore don’t fry the spices a lot to maintain the colour.
- I don’t like including additional spices whereas cooking this. I skip Garlic as nicely. This needs to be refined and creamy.
- As a substitute of Cashew nuts, you should use Melon seed nonetheless, Kaju bata makes it extra flavorful.
- You’ll be able to add 1 Tbsp. Tamarind Pulp for additional tanginess which I skipped.
- Prep Time: 10min
- Prepare dinner Time: 30min
- Class: Aspect Dish
- Technique: Cooking
- Delicacies: Bengali
- Serving Dimension: 125g
- Energy: 349
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 619mg
- Fats: 23.1g
- Saturated Fats: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 29.9g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 7g
- Ldl cholesterol: 11mg
Key phrases: Sada aloor Dum recipe, Bengali white Aloor dum recipe, sada alur dom recipe, niramish aloor dum recipe,. debjanir rannaghar
Straightforward Veg Recipes
Have you ever tried the Bengali Sada Aloo’r Dum recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I might like to see an image if you’re making it following my recipe. You’ll be able to share right here on firstname.lastname@example.org. You should utilize my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it by Instagram as nicely. and as well as, you may tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here is the Bengali Dum Aloo with white gravy Recipe Pin in your Pinterest Board!