Purple discover (excessive danger) :
Gran Canaria: from July 19 to 23 in Santa Lucía de Tirajana.
Orange Warning (Medium Danger) :
Gran Canaria: from July 20 to 23 in La Aldea de San Nicolás, Artenara, Mogán, San Bartolomé de Tirajana and Tejeda. From July 20 to 22 in Agüimes, Ingenio, Valsequillo and Vega de San Mateo.
Tenerife: from July 20 to 22 in Arona, Granadilla de Abona and San Miguel de Abona.
Yellow Discover (Low Danger) :
Gran Canaria: July 20 and 21 in Santa Brígida.
Tenerife: on July 20 and 21 in Adeje. On July 21 and 22 in Fasnia, Güímar and Vilaflor. On July 21 in Arico, La Orotava and Santiago del Teide.
La Palma: on July 21 in Breña Alta, Fuencaliente and Tazacorte.
Fuerteventura: on July 21 in Betancuria, Pájara and Tuineje.
The Normal Directorate of Public Well being has issued studies to the Vice-Ministry of Social Rights of the Authorities of the Canary Islands and the municipalities, via the Canarian Federation of Municipalities (FECAM), detailing the areas affected by the forecast of simultaneous excessive temperatures, and despatched reminders of the measures they have to tackle these days to guard the well being of probably the most fragile members of their communities:
- Drink loads of water or fluids with out ready to really feel thirsty, until there’s a medical contraindication. Keep away from alcoholic and really sugary drinks.
- Keep away from exposing your self to the solar in the course of the hours of biggest warmth depth (between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.), so ideally earlier than 11 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Within the hottest hours, place your self within the coolest areas of the homes or residences, or, the place acceptable, place air flow or air con gadgets, or lastly, use recent damp cloths or take a bathe.
- Keep away from sports activities actions, excursions or visits out within the hottest hours. Perform these actions within the early hours of the day, within the late afternoon or at night time; defend yourselves from the solar and drink loads of drinks that exchange fluids and mineral salts (juices, isotonic drinks, water, and so forth.).
- Eat gentle meals that assist replenish the salts misplaced via sweat (salads, fruits, greens, gazpachos or juices).
- If it’s important to go exterior, attempt to be within the shade, put on gentle and light-coloured clothes, defending your self from the solar with accepted hats or caps and sun shades. Put on cool, comfy, breathable footwear.
- Watch out with medicines, particularly people who should be within the fridge for correct storage.
- At all times keep the meals chilly chain.
- Within the occasion of presenting any symptomatology related to warmth reminiscent of complications, dizziness, cramps, common malaise, a sensation of suffocation because of warmth, fatigue or exhaustion, you need to contact 1-1-2.
These actions are meant to extend danger prevention capability by making use of measures which are straightforward and accessible. The plan is aimed on the complete inhabitants, and particularly designed for the inhabitants teams most susceptible to intense warmth, such because the aged, kids and other people with continual pathologies.
All hospitals and the Canary Islands Emergency Service (SUC) have workers designated and specifically educated to take care of and successfully coordinate providers within the occasion of a attainable warmth wave, in addition to the communication channels established for sufficient surveillance.
Temperature thresholds and danger ranges
In an effort to set up a warmth well being danger warning, most and minimal temperatures should be reached concurrently. These are the temperature thresholds, that are set annually by the State Meteorological Company. For the 2 Canary Islands provinces the temperature threshold is 32 levels most and 24 minimal.
The Plan for the Prevention of the Results of Excessive Temperatures on Individuals’s Well being establishes 4 totally different ranges of well being danger, relying on the anticipated temperatures and their length over time.
🥵Los próximos días varios municipios estarán en aviso por altas temperaturas 👇🏻 https://t.co/9dtA2TJQMf
— Sanidad Gobcan (@SanidadGobCan) July 18, 2022